Understanding the need for web developers
It seems everyone is on the web these days and many are doing their own website design thanks to ready-made templates and website builder software readily available. And that certainly is an option but is it wise to build your own website for your business these days? There are so many features that are missed out on by building your own. It just may be wiser to consider hiring a team of professional Web Developers. You may think you are saving money by doing it yourself but consider that it may take you hours, days and even weeks to accomplish what Web Developers could do in a day.
Most do it yourself website development packages are designed with the home user in mind. One area that is very important that most home ware is lacking is Search Engine Optimisation. It may not be that important to a family website or a Mom-n-Pop type business, but it is essential these days to a professional. It is so important that you have software that specialises in tracking the effectiveness of your website.
Your professional website needs to do several very important things simultaneously. These include:
- It must be able to be found by a search engine.
- It should represent you your company and the work you do and make you stand out.
- It should also be easy to update from that typo you missed to the latest news regarding your product line.
- It should also generate leads with software that captures and tracks visitors, inquiry forms and act like a silent salesperson always on duty.
As your business grows if you don’t have a website that serves your growing need, face it, somewhere down the road you are in for an expensive redesign. Why not have a team of web developers do it right the first time? Consider what is needed to design and maintain an effective and well-maintained website that will grow with your company. You will need:
- Someone who knows the market and has lots of experience on-line. This needs to be someone who knows the company goals and what metrics are important to track, someone who knows the audience and their unique needs, a strategist.
- The graphic designer must be more than an artist they must know how to lay out a website that is easy to navigate and someone who is familiar with how people use the web.
- Web developers know the latest code and know how to incorporate the content you need managed and how to stay up-to-date. Even familiarity with how your website looks across the multiple platforms like different screen sizes and mobile devices is so important.
- You also need a skilled copywriter that knows how to utilise those all-important keywords and still be easy to read and does a good job selling your product, someone who knows your product and the audience and communicates it well.
- You may even need a project manager that can spend the time needed focusing on time management, budget issues and managing valuable input with those who have a stake in your company.
So before deciding whether to do it yourself consider all the factors involved. Think long-term. And why not consider a web development company that already has a team in place ready to serve your specialised needs.
Related Articles -
web developers, website design,