With the increasing care free attitude noticed among civilians these days, the high rise in the number of road accidents comes as no big surprise! It would only be wise on your part to obtain appropriate insurance coverage for your vehicle and keep contact with a highly qualified accident attorney. These measures will help you out in case you are involved in an accident. Car accidents are very common these days, and even without any fault on your part, you may be a victim of heavy losses in an accident. How do you handle such dire situations? |
1. Firstly, you must remember not to react to any situation of accident. The very first reaction of many accident victims is to be sorry for the mishap. This can be derogatory in legal records, as witnesses mistake you to be responsible for the accident, irrespective of the actual facts. Keep yourself cool and grasp the situation around you.
2. If your car is placed in the middle of the road then you must move it to the side of the road as early as possible. This will prevent any further damage to your vehicle caused by automobiles passing by. Make sure you collect all the valuables you had in your car like the mobile, any camcorder, documents and similar stuff.
3. You must make sure that any video footage that might have got recorded during the accident on your mobile, car camera or a simple hand camera is preserved for future use. These prove to be essential as evidences of your side of the story that can be used in court during case trial.
4. You need to gather as much information as you can in the short while before the police arrive at the site of accident. You must exchange numbers of the opposite party involved in the accident, and find out details of their insurance coverage. Make a note of their vehicle registration number, contact numbers of their lawyer, and similar such details. This will help your lawyer as he goes about filing the case.
5. If you find many witnesses to the accident, you must register their account of the accident. Whoever is in support of your side of the story, make sure you take down their contact numbers. They can be of immense help during case processing.
Never leave the accident site without having a word with the police. Last but not the least, call your lawyer as soon as you can. While selecting an accident attorney, Columbus Ohio residents have gone for experienced and established lawyers, with successful results.
When looking for an experienced accident attorney in Columbus Ohio, local residents here must go for the professional services offered at Michael D. Christensen Law Offices, LLC.
Related Articles -
accident attorney columbus ohio, car accident attorneys columbus ohio, motorcycle accident attorney columbus ohio,