When most people think of a catering company, they envision a large event or gathering of people, requiring mass quantities of food. While this is typically the venue most common for this type of business, there are many other ways hiring a caterer can be beneficial to you. Here are five ways you can put them to use. |
- Special Catered Meals. You may not realize it, but most major catering businesses that specialize in large events, often offer food service to individuals. If you have a friend or family member that has recently had a baby, or are too ill to leave the house, having food brought to them could be extremely helpful, in addition to being a touching gesture of friendship.
- Eco-friendly Prepared Meals. Another option when hiring a caterer for your event is to ask for organic foods and products. If you would like an earth-friendly party, choose free-range meats, and ask the company owner to only use reusable napkins, dishes and silverware. You can even add to the theme by using email to contact your guests, saving paper that would otherwise go to waste after the invitation was read.
- On-site Chefs. Many hosts will admit the use of a professional on-site chef "entertaining" their guests is one of the wisest moves they've ever made. The use of a chef can be a bit more expensive initially, but in the long run it can save money. Instead of purchasing an entire buffet that may go to waste, ask the catering company if they can provide a single chef to prepare guests' meals individually.
- Fun Food Features. Guests can often become bored when attending an event, especially one that does not provide much opportunity for interaction or mingling. Combat this by providing food carts, or snack stations at key points around the event space. Guests can gather around these areas, and may appreciate the additional snacks, particularly if they arrive long after the meal portion of the event has ended.
- Themed Events. If you are hosting a birthday party, or other themed event, ask your catering company if they can provide decorations, or other props to set the mood. They can also prepare food in a certain style or taste, to accompany whatever focus the party may have. If your child has decided on a whimsical fairy-themed party, for example, the company can prepare mini cupcakes, and other small pastries for guests to enjoy.
If you are looking for professional catering New Jersey has the companies you need to get the job done. Visit http://www.protegecatering.com/social-event for more information.
Related Articles -
catering, New, Jersey,