The term sounds obvious – event management, is referred as the organized planning and research relevant field which involves the proper execution of a corporate and social event. The event could be social and simple like wedding, birthday party, or family reunion; extra complex to the next level such as corporate conference, Annual General Meeting, brand promotions, product launches, and the extraordinary entertainment events like award ceremonies and live concerts like football or rugby hospitality. Managing a typical event involves the simple art and science of multiple skills and specialized discipline. Here are top most 10 tips to consider in mind when it comes to organize an event: |
1. Knowledge is crucial: Your knowhow and your commonsense are the powerful tools to organize an event and make it successful. This is obvious that two events are not always the same and hence the events should be organized properly with proper understanding. You should have the proper knowhow of the supporting resources in order to organize any entertainment event like fashion show or concert. Prior to start with event management, make sure you know about the things required for managing an event. Discuss with professionals who organized such types of event before and with people who participated these types of events before and stay updated with the changing trends of these types of events.
2. Fix the venue: Make sure to have the exact figure of how many people expected to come in a particular event so that you can book a particular venue which is perfect for the event and the budget of client. Let the client intimate you about their needs and requirements clearly about the event. What the venue you choose is mostly depends upon this factor. Most often, the decision is taken mostly with the client on choosing a particular venue of event. After choosing the venue, this is particularly important to get the map, visit the spot and take particular notes.
3. Start planning today: After clearing the event and the needs relating to the event, this is the time to plan for your event. So chalk up the plan about what and when the actions required to be taken. Distribute the work to all the members of your team and track the progress of each member accordingly. This is essential to start the simulations and dry runs before the big day of event. Also try to involve your client for such dry runs of an event in order to prevent unwanted surprises.
4. Timing: The time span should also be considered and the event related decisions should not be taken in a hurry which creates hectic affair and the event should not be too long which test the patience of audience. You should make a well balanced agenda of event which takes adequate time for execute.
5. Arranging tools is the key: Having a grasp over the technical things is the most important aspect to run the show. Arranging proper technical equipments is the necessary thing for the skilled technicians, which is on prime importance for the events planner. In an event, nothing should be embarrassing, even a part of device malfunctioning at the middle of the show. In addition, pay keen attention on every detail. For instance, if the beam sound appears between two projects, it means they have the same balance of color and they are synchronizing with one another. So, recheck the equipments on your own or call the technicians to fix it.
6. Don’t let the rules to be broken: You may need lots of approvals and permissions and complete the procedures to organize the event. These approvals and permissions may be from the civic authorities, police, and environmental board and etc. Make sure to get all the approvals and permissions of legal bodies by you and your clients. Never ever go against the boundaries of law.
7. Don’t use “I” when it comes to teamwork: A number of members are involved in organizing an event. This is quite mind-boggling in any event like music concert where sound technicians, musicians, stage technicians, sponsors, celebrities and the audiences play a vital role to make an event successful. In order to get the event well-organized as a whole, each and everything should go swiftly. Communication is the main element in that case.
8. Don’t panic if anything goes wrong: The glitches on last minute may occur and things may not always go smoothly, but doing rehearsals may help you very much. So don’t panic and have a backup plan on your side. In this way, have power backups for emergencies and additional technical support for backup. Plan in advance about how will you handle if any worst scenario occurs.
9. Keep safety in consideration: while having fun is paramount, safety is the factor comes first in preference. Make sure you have well-trained and experienced team of professionals and emergency exits are properly marked. If everything is all right, you can easily handle the situations against you. Also, have a paramedical and fire brigade team ready in any grand celebration of event.
10. Look confident: Last however, not the least, event management is entirely based on connecting people with each other in order to deliver the required outcomes. Also it lowers the stress of people who visit your event. As you know, the customer is always the king. This may happens everything can’t stay perfect for everyone on the event. But the customer satisfaction is observed at the end of the event when everyone looks satisfied on their faces.
In Conclusion When it comes to organize any event, these ten tips are very helpful for any event manager in which the customers get 100 percent satisfaction. The level of customer satisfaction shows the success and failure of an event. So event planner should be responsible, knowledgeable, hardworking and passionate about his job. Therefore, making an event successful can be helpful and easy for the companies in the form of getting high-yielding responses of clients for the long run.
Visit corporatehospitalitygroup.com to know more about rugby hospitality.
Related Articles -