After the release of windows 8 preview, the tech world has been buzzing about what are the pros and cons of the upcoming operating system. Among all this buzz, one thing is for sure, windows is taking pretty much a huge risk, it might fare well or it might go down the drain. Well, let’s discuss the good things and also the not-so-good things about this OS.
Some real good features that act as the ruby in the crown for this OS include:
- There’s this metro interface that avails you with the ease of keeping live tiles. This is a great point of distinction from Apple and Google. Separate tiles can be created for different email accounts or specific updates can be followed, the opportunities are unlimited!
- Another feature that’s unique and superb in the windows 8 is the semantic zoom. It lets you zoom the tiles groups and other things on the screen. You can actually zoom out and view things like you are viewing under a microscope. You can distinguish between related content very easily!
- Here comes the most impressive feature- picture password. These pictures can be chosen from anywhere, be it your system’s memory, facebook account, flickr or skydrive! It is certainly an amazing feature that lets you create a picture password and saves you from the arduous task of typing in the password everytime!
- The search feature is better than ever! It is there in the start screen and lets you delve into files, apps and settings at an amazing speed. You can synchronize easily between settings, apps or browser with the sync feature. Sharing also gets simpler with the share API feature.
Some points where this OS stays behind:
- Getting familiar and using windows 8 might be a frustrating task for you. It’s not that difficult, but it’s not that easy also. A tutorial will be required for almost anyone who wishes to learn how to use this operating system. The new features such as the charms bar and semantic zoom need some guidance on how they have to be handled.
- To access the metro interface, you have to go all the way with your mouse. It’s quite an arduous task mousing all the way to use the metro interface. It will leave you wondering that Microsoft could have done better!
- Microsoft still has a long way to go in terms of diversity in apps. As Microsoft had promised, this OS certainly features the default apps such as news, mail, travel and apart from that there are slacker radio, cut the rope etc. Still, it doesn’t really fulfill the expectation of all the app-savvy people around!
This article written by Devesh Rai behalf of Sunrise PC Support, Sunrise PC Support is Online Technical Support which provides the Tech Services like Online Avast Technical Support , Online Dell Technical Support
Related Articles -
Windows 8 HITS, MISSES by windows 8, Overview,