Metal Window Blinds – Hot or Not? |
Choosing the best window treatment is never easy, since there are many things to take into account. Namely, window coverings used to present only a way to add another layer to your windows and maybe protect the window glass from damage and breakage, or later on a way to protect your home from natural disasters such as strong winds. Finally, people started paying much more attention to the design of their window treatments since they also became a decorative element. The first protective task was usually completed by installing hurricane shutters or other solid blinds that could withstand storms, while the other decorative one was completed by adding colorful and heavy, elegant drapes and curtains. However, nowadays, there are many additional factors that you have to consider which only makes the final choice more complicated. Well, in the sea of available window coverings, we herewith offer a word or two on aluminum Venetian blinds, being a feature of almost any modern household today.
Venetian Blinds Classification
Prior to moving on to aluminum Venetian blinds, let’s consider some basic classification of this type of blinds. Their main characteristic is that they are available as solid window treatments consisted of horizontal slats operated by a cord that allows for the blinds to be lowered or raised and a tilt mechanism that allows the slats to be inverted inside and out thus enabling optimal light control. The main difference is found in the materials the slats are made of, so you can opt for:
- traditional wooden ones, that are usually more pricey than the alternatives, but tend to look more elegant and sophisticated since made of natural materials, but also providing more energy efficiency in the words of their insulation power;
- faux wood or wood effect blinds are made of PVC, looking much like the real wood ones, but usually cheaper and placed in humid areas like bathrooms and kitchens;
- vinyl blinds, resembling PVC ones, but not as resistant and durable, though cheaper and
- metal Venetian blinds which will be reviewed here.
You will notice that there also some combinations of these basic categories, found in composite blinds that often combine natural wood particles and artificial materials, so that a more natural look can be maintained, but not at the price of the blind’s moisture tolerance.
Metal Venetian Blinds Presentation
Finally, we have reached the central piece of this article, concerning aluminum Venetian blinds. They are consisted of rows of connected aluminum horizontal slats operated by a tilt wand and a cord, set on one side of the blinds. Their basic advantages include:
- they are very lightweight, which makes them extremely easy to transport, install and handle;
- their flat and smooth surface provides a very silky and elegant look, highly compatible with any modern design;
- their composure makes them very easy to clean with nothing more than a feather duster to remove the dust and debris and some wet cloth for a more thorough cleaning.
Since you are able to rotate the slats in both directions, you will not have to take down the blinds to clean them, but can do that while they are attached to your windows, which only saves you a lot of time;
- aluminum also offers a certain level of thermal insulation since being highly reflective, which especially comes in handy during hot summer months, since the sunrays will just bounce of their slick surface instead of coming in through the window and increasing the inner temperature;
- aluminum Venetians are moisture resistant, and will not get damaged when the water droplets and condensation reach their surface, which makes them a perfect solution for your bathroom or kitchen;
- they are very versatile, available in many different colors and color combinations, but also easily painted over with nothing more than some spray paint, which allows you to design the blinds yourself instead of purchasing custom made ones, which are usually more expensive.
On the other hand, the greatest weakness of metal Venetian blinds is the fact that their slats are much easier to bend or even break than let’s say wooden or plastic ones. The problem can be overcome by installing them onto windows that are positioned up high on the wall beyond the reach of your children or pets. Also, since made of metal, they tend to appear somewhat cold and formal why they are usually combined with some more modern interiors which have a lot of metal and glass elements. At the same time, this can be overcome by using some more warm colors for the blinds (such as light yellow or brown) or by combining them with some short drapes or curtains hang on the top of the window.
Visit Discount Blind Centre for more info on our beautiful Metal Venetian Blinds. Our mission is to offer quality window blinds at discount prices, so you can save money by purchasing window blinds online.
Related Articles -
aluminum, venetian, blinds,