If you are familiar with search engine optimisation you will know that one of the most important ways to help your ranking is to increase the number of links to your website. Links are a “recommendation” of your website. The more you have the better. But not only that, it is important that you gain quality links to your site. Not lots of poor quality directory links. The best way is to “earn” links to your website rather than “build” them. Here are 5 ways to attract more links: |
1. Create fantastic content for your website. If you write valuable and interesting content then other people will want to link to your website e.g. from forums in reputable websites.
2. Create something on your website that people keep having to come back to use e.g. online calculator. I always use the same online currency convertor for example.
3. Write a blog with regular updates written as an individual. If it is witty or sincere it will strike a chord with people and they may want to link to your blog to hear more.
4. Interview some people in your field of interest. Everybody likes to hear something straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak.
5. Use social media to broadcast your new content. People might not know about it unless you spread the news. Once they hear about what you have to say they might want to link to you.
Earning links through the strategies above will ensure that you are not treading a fine line with Google. Many websites have been punished by building links through poor quality unrelated directories. Make sure you earn your links and Google will love you! Find out more about SEO at Alba SEO Services
Related Articles -
SEO EDINBURGH, search engine optimisation, web design edinburgh,