If you are new to baking, and would like to experiment with something easy, but is both healthy and delicious to bake, given below are some very tasty silpat recipes. |
Blueberry Fruit Turnover
•1/4 cup brown sugar
•1/3 cup sugar
•Pinch of sea salt
•3 teaspoons cornstarch
•1 and 1/2 - 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
•2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
•1 zested lemon
•Raw sugar, optional
•1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F temperature and place it in the oven rack in center position. Place Silpat on the Perforated Baking Sheet and keep it aside. In the Mixing Bowl, combine corn starch, sugars, lemon zest and sea salt. Mix it in blueberries to coat.
2. Making use of Roul’Pat, roll the pastry into the rectangle measuring 11’x18”; cut it into 4x4 squares. Cautiously transfer the pastry squares on the Silpat and scrape fruit mixture on square.
3. With help of Pastry Brush, wipe the egg yolk on the edges of square, fold over in a triangle. Use a fork or pinch with your fingers to close the edges. Make sure to put a slit into every turnover, which will allow it to vent. Heat it for 15-17minutes or till golden brown. Cool it for 5 minutes as fruit will be hot.
Substitute strawberries or raspberries in place of blueberries. Just cut the strawberries in 1 inch chunks. For the crispier turnover, use pie crusts. Cook time will be decreased to 15 minutes. Below mentioned is an exotic silpat dessert recipe, brought forward amongst the assortment of dessert recipes.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•2 cups flour
•1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/2 cup coconut oil, melted or warmed
•1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
•1/2 cup molasses
•1 tablespoon water
•3/4 cups sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F temperature and place the oven rack in center position. Lay Silpat on Perforated Baking Sheet and keep it aside.
2. In Mixing Bowl, whip together baking soda, flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Keep it aside. Using the bowl of the electric mixer being to mix sugar, beat coconut oil, water and molasses until combined.
3. Slowly beat the flour mixture. Using tablespoon capacity of magnetic gauging trio, scrape the dough then eliminate from tablespoon and turn over rounded part in sugar. Put it on Silpat and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool it, and then enjoy!
Related Articles -