"A beautifully decorate water garden can enhance the charm of your garden by manifold. There are various types of water tanks available in the market to create your own water garden, but before that you must know the intricacies of aquatic ecosystem and water plants." |
A calm, reflective garden pool has an incredible charm. It relaxes the mind, making us peaceful and resonating. The connection between nature and our inner part is always there; only thing is to create circumstance where connection can be easily established. Many people elaborate their gardens with plants, garden pots in Melbourne and others. If you have a space, you can always create your own garden pool where water plants and some aquatic animals can add beauty to your overall garden.
Many people decorate gardens with features like lifeless statues with flowing water. It has become so clichéd that it is being reduced only to decoration and nothing more. A small pond has greater attraction than decorative statues or fountains. A pond is brimming with life, and life always excites people because it is the intrinsic nature of humans to appreciate life in any form. In urban setting, it is difficult to have such huge space to create your pond, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the aquatic life forms in your garden. Water tanks in Melbourne can be utilised to create your water gardens. It is easy to make, convenient and literally teeming with life.
A water garden can be turned into a complete aquatic ecosystem, far more productive and aesthetic than any land based system. In aquaculture system, aquatic plants have constant supply of oxygen and the waste from fish and other aquatic animals such as turtles; snails etc. provide enough nutrients for the plants. So, it is an effective system and a study of life itself.
What you need to create a small water garden:
To create a stable aquatic ecosystem, you first need appropriate plants in it. These plants help to sustain life for aquatic animals. There are four types of plants to attain aquatic balance:
• Rooted floating plants, such as water lilies • Marginal plants • Submerged (oxygenating) plants • Floating plants
To create a one square meter of aquatic garden, you need one water lily or any other rooted floating plant, three oxygenating plants and two marginal plants. Do not cover more than one third to one-half of water’s surface with floating plants. It will create difficulty for other life forms in the water tank. In the bottom, you can also add some rocks in Melbourne to stablise the plants.
Useful additions to your water garden
• Mosquitoes easily breed in stale water, so you need fish for mosquito controls. Various fish that work well to control mosquito breeding are gold fish, golden medaka, white cloud minnows, and some others. Also you can find tadpoles in the nearby pond and leave it inside the water garden. Don’t mix tadpoles with large fish.
• You can add small fountains to oxygenate the water, but keep in mind that some plants like rooter water lilies do mind splashing water on their leaves.
• Also if you have pets like cats and others, it is better to use a protective cover made from wire mesh or bird netting.
Some helpful tips
• Keep the plants in a small amount of water and keep them in shady spot while you build your water garden.
• Use dark coloured plastic pot to put plant up aquatics. Dark colours help to make pot invisible inside your water garden.
• Use heavy clay garden soil.
• Do not use compost. It will make water murky and brown.
• Do not let big fishes inside your small water tanks.
• If you want to keep turtles, always create a slope so that it will come up and breathe.
Author’s bio: Brayden Duigan is one of the garden enthusiasts who penned down stories on gardening and water tanks in Melbourne. In her articles, she has elaborated different methods of gardening, aquatic garden and other method of plant in garden pots in Melbourne.
Related Articles -
garden pots melbourne, rocks melbourne, water tanks melbourne,