Stereo Microscope |
This is a handy device for conducting serious studies on a particular object, which will need low enlargement, but accurate portrayal. Another popular name of this instrument is ‘dissecting microscope’. It works at a low magnification and uses two independent optical channels and not merely one path. The two optical pathways commonly used in the creation of this model microscope are the ‘CMO (Common Main Objective)’ and the ‘Greenough’. The user will be able to see somewhat different images through the left and right eyes, albeit the object is the same, and this is because of the usage of two separate eyepieces and objectives for the purpose.
This type of microscope provides the user a lesser enlarged, but perfectly clear and the explicable image of the related object. You will be able to get an unambiguous image of the sampling, in a three-dimensional manner. For making this effect, there are individual objective lenses, along with separate eyepieces for both eyes. This mechanism works using the light reflected from the outer surface of the object and not the light sent out through the same. The most common uses include microsurgery, dissection, the process of manufacturing watches and circuit boards, and for forensic purposes. This microscope is essential for diverse assessment jobs like Printed Circuit Board (PCB) checking, for carrying out various biological studies, or tasks such as quality control, etc.
Things to Reckon While Buying a Stereo Microscope
• You will have to consider the number of possible users. If there are more users, then it is good to go for separate pieces rather than just buying one unit. This will automatically reduce the wear and tear problems to a certain extent.
• You must be concerned about the working distance: This is actually the distance you will get between the apex part of the sampling and the front lens. Working distance will directly influence the quality of the result and hence is of prime importance as far as stereo microscopes are concerned.
• The purpose or the function for which you want to buy the unit is also equally important. Only when you get the perfect matching one, you will be able to get quality results.
• Another point that you must take into account is the precise details that you want to garner. This includes the required magnification, the field of object, the required zooming power, etc.
• The functional design or the ergonomic factors are also important. The unit that suits a tall person will not be suitable for a small individual; hence, you will certainly have to consider this factor.
• You must also bear in mind the set or available budget.
While selecting a stereo microscope, you should not only take into account its practical capacity to function in a perfect manner, but also the overall aesthetic appeal. Moreover, the unit must be custom-made to suit the actual application. In general, you can find two typical types; one is with fixed magnification property and the other one with zoom facility. You must make sure to a buy top-class microscope in order to get precise solutions.
Labo America, Inc. is reputed manufacturer and distributor of quality stereo microscopes and scientific instruments for use in life sciences, ophthalmology, dental, and ENT, gynecology, laboratory, and research centers.
Related Articles -