With the public sector experiencing ongoing demands to reduce budgets and drive efficiencies, outsourcing and automated technology needs to be considered to revolutionise manual paper processes. Efficiencies have already been made in many areas, however, innovations should be implemented to avoid loss of key public services.
Paper is a resource that is still heavily relied upon. This isn’t strictly a barrier in the battle against inefficiency, but can lead to obstacles that needn’t be there. Sorting, processing and filing incoming paperwork can be an arduous task and ultimately results in demands on resource, revenue pressures and working time.
Business transformation for the public sector can be achieved using a combination of outsourced services, for example digital mail room, automated data capture and cloud document management solutions. These outsourced services can help aid productivity and significantly cut operational costs.
Outsourced solutions for the public sector are accessible via a wholly EU compliant procurement route, through the Crown Commercial Services (CCS) Postal Goods and Services Framework Agreement (RM1063). This Framework is a collaborative agreement with YPO and ESPO, who are strategic partners to CCS.
Public Sector Services
The Framework Agreement provides public sector bodies with a ‘one stop shop’ for their mail services, including services relating to the digitalisation of mail i.e. opening, scanning and electronic distribution of mail; archiving, destruction and indexing services; mail screening; cherished or valuable document handling; and other bespoke services as required.
By utilising services such as digital mail room services, businesses can see significant reductions in costs and errors whilst witnessing an improvement in processing times of documents and files, helping to support the achievement of legislative and internal service level targets.
Suppliers on the framework can provide business solutions that transform manual processes and see benefits including:
- Incoming mail can be diverted to a secure facility which is set up using a PO Box, where documents can be opened, sorted and scanned. This saves huge amounts of staff time, allowing them to focus on core business and potentially front line activities.
- Documents can be scanned using high volume production scanners. Intelligent data capture software can extract key information, reducing manual data entry requirements and increasing the accuracy of your incoming data.
- Once your mail has been scanned into a digital format, files can be fully searched using keyword search functionality. This can also saves time manually searching through high volumes of paperwork and can be a real benefit for public sector organisations who are regularly audited and need to retrieve information fast and efficiently.
- Electronic copies of your mail can be uploaded into a secure cloud document management system, where files can be routed through workflow to the correct members of staff within the organisation. The system also allows staff to access documents from multiple locations using a web browser, great for staff who regularly work out of the office and need access to certain files.
- The original documents can either be sent back to you or securely stored and destroyed at an agreeable time.
Digital mailroom services are used by many public sector businesses throughout the UK. If your organisation is looking for an accessible route into digital mailroom services, Cleardata is a supplier on the Crown Commercial Service Postal Goods and Services Framework Agreement (RM1063), which saves you valuable time in the tender process. With all the security, financial and organisational capabilities having already been carefully evaluated during the tender process.
For further details visit www.cleardatagroup.co.uk
Related Articles -
public, sector, services,