Nothing beats a family holiday, but as the kids get older and want to try new things it can be difficult to find somewhere that works for everyone. Courchevel not only offers you a fantastic day’s skiing, it also has a host of amazing activities perfect for a growing family. From indoor climbing to paragliding, I’ll give you the run down on what is available to keep your teens busy whilst you ski or relax in a catered chalet. At Ski Amis we want all the family to enjoy their break on the slopes. Read on to find out what your kids could get up to! |
In the Snow
As well as skiing, Courchevel offers a variety of activities for older kids – including good old fashioned sledging! Here are my top picks:
• Snowshoeing: Help your tech-obsessed teenagers get back in touch with nature on a ramble through the heart of the forest. They can follow animal trails, tumble down slopes and have fun in the snow.
• Indian Camp: A budget-friendly option perfect for young skiers with a lively imagination. During this trip on the Indian piste in Courchevel Moriond, skiers will wear war paint and traditional costumes, sing around the camp fire, and even learn archery! (Activities are on donation, short archery lesson €20.)
• Snowmobile Rides: If they are too old for make-believe perhaps the chance to ride real snowmobiles around a fully equipped circuit will excite your teen’s imagination. No reservations are necessary so this activity is convenient for the grown-ups too! (Available everyday from 2.00pm to 4.30pm. 1€0 for ten minutes.)
• Snow Cat Driving: For the motor heads in your family this will be a dream come true. Indulge in their taste for adventure – and big engines! – as they drive a Snow Cat under the eyes of a professional. Whether on the tracks or the ski area itself, this is a once in a lifetime experience. (Track driving €90 for 30 mins including safety briefing. Driving on the ski area €300 for 1 hour including snack.)
Away from the Slopes
Thrills in Courchevel are not limited to the slopes. Bowling makes for a great family evening and there are a host of indoor and outdoor activities for all abilities.
• Tarzan Vines: Release your kids’ inner jungle animal as they swing from a giant creeper in the Forum’s Atrium. (€10 per person.)
• Paragliding and Hang gliding: Instead of whizzing down the slopes, they’ll be whizzing through the air! Perfect for young adrenaline seekers – but don’t worry, Mum, these activities are run by experienced instructors in perfect safety.
• Climbing: Whether your kids are beginners or experienced climbers, the 7-route internal wall has something for everyone; beginners can climb with a qualified guide. (€10 per person)
You can enjoy all these activities and so much more from the comfort of your very own home-from-home in Courchevel. At Ski Amis we believe that a catered chalet is the perfect base for a flexible family holiday. At the end of a busy day, the last thing you want to do is start cooking a meal, or clean up after messy teenagers! Catered chalets offer the luxury of a hotel together with the cosiness of home so you can really relax. All you have to worry about is how you’re going to fit everything into your time here.
Belinda Smythson works for Ski Amis, a specialist ski travel agency and booking service that has been helping avid skiers craft their perfect winter holiday for over a quarter of a century. If you're looking for a fantastic catered chalet in the Three Valleys, Paradiski, Espace Killy or Chamonix Valley, Ski Amis is the go-to company for winter sports fans searching for the holiday of a lifetime.
Related Articles -