Over the years, car rental companies all over the world have garnered a bad reputation where clients complain that not only have they been charged too much for the services that they have received, but they also claim that they have been scammed. This is primarily due to hidden costs and a number of unethical brokers and middlemen. Today, in light of that, we talk about some tips on how you can save more money from a car rental in Maui. |
• Look for companies with trusted backgrounds: yes, most big companies have a reputation to maintain, but they also tend to charge more, especially since their cars tend to be more expensive and flashier. But you can find a bunch of small scale Maui affordable car rental services that use smaller cars and consequently cost less. However, one down side is that their cars and services tend to be located a little farther away from the immediate airport premises.
• Check your discounts: Usually, credit card companies tie up with a number of companies, consequently offering you a large and hefty discount when you book online and pay through your credit card. This is why you have to check your membership deals, frequent flier miles and your spam mails!
• Try not to pay before: It is certainly true that a large number of car rental in Maui offer small discounts when you pay for the car beforehand online, but when you must remember that this is a fluctuating business which means that prices of cars and services constantly keep changing. So, when you make a booking for a car, you may miss out on price drops later on.
• Pay directly at the car rental website: If you are planning on paying for the car services beforehand, we highly suggest that you compare the prices through a third website, but do not pay through that merchant website. This is because the merchant website will collect a small sum for itself, which will add to your total cost, and therefore, it is certainly going to cost you more.
• Book for a longer time: Again, this may seem a little pointless, but trust us when we say that car rental costs less if you book for a longer period of time. Most companies offer their best prices and discounts when the clients have booked the car for the duration of the entire week. Some companies offer unbelievably low prices during the weekends, so if your travelling plans are flexible, you may want to consider this.
• Use your phone: Using your phone can save you a lot of money. We suggest that you do not opt for a car which has a GPS service attached to it, since they tend to cost more, not to mention the additional taxes. Instead, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the area using a map, or better yet, use the map available on your Smartphone. • Go for a simple car: At the end of the day, it is just a rental car and you are going to use it for hardly a week, which is why we suggest that you use a car that is small and is rather simple. You will be surprised at how much money you will be saving through this. If you are lucky, you may also get an upgrade.
Thus, Car Rental in Maui can be made very simple if you follow the above-mentioned tips. We suggest that you research a handful of Maui affordable car rental services before selecting one.
Related Articles -
Car Rental in Maui, Maui affordable car rental,