Aside from the flow and functionality of kitchen design, the right kitchen cabinets are the most important part of the process. In fact, they are essential to having a beautiful functioning kitchen. |
Though it is important, there is more to consider than the color and wood you want. Storage methods and space as well as hardware are all important decisions and today, there are more choices than ever to make your space organized and pretty at the same time. Here are some of the options when choosing cabinets for your kitchen design:
1. Custom or Stock: If you have an unusually arranged kitchen or you just have very specific ideas about what you want, custom cabinets will probably suit you better. Of course, this route is more expensive, but at least you know you can get what you want.
However, even the stock pre-made versions are now coming with a lot of little extras as standard practice. You can walk into a home improvement store and find a variety of options that have a lot more to offer than they used to.
2. Woods and Finish: If you decide on custom cabinets, your wood choices are greater. Here are some of the common woods used: Oak, Cherry, Maple, Walnut and Mahogany. If you are environmentally minded, bamboo is now being utilized in kitchen cabinetry.
Also used in wood flooring, it is a sustainable resource. As for finishes, you can choose between painted or stained and cover that with a glaze or not.
3. Doors: You can give your kitchen design a little personality by opting for door-less cabinets or use glass, either clear or frosted. If you do this, you want to mix it up and only do it with select areas. You also want to make sure the result is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and not a jumble of plates and glasses.
4. Drawers or Shelves: There is a lot you can do with drawers and shelves today. For convenience in hard to reach spaces, you can opt to have some shelves pull out or drop down. You can also make a more organized space with vertical shelves.
These are great for storing baking sheets, racks, and other tall slender items that you would normally just stack up and hope it doesn't fall over. Drawers are also showing up in unusual places. Just when you think it is a cabinet, you open the door and find drawers. This is a great way to more efficiently use the space as well as making pots and pans easier to get to.
5. Special Storage: There are also special storage options that also add to the décor of the kitchen. Even in the stock ones, you can find spaces such as built in wine racks or plate display shelves. There are roll-top cubby holes that can be used for counter top storage while also hiding it away. Special sliding spice shelves and garbage drawers are also popular.
6. Surprise! Another trend is hiding the appliances. This is where a custom order would have to be made, but many people are having faux fronts built to allow their dishwashers and refrigerators to be hidden away. It looks like a pantry, but it's really the icebox!
So, as you can see, there are a lot of things you can do to make your kitchen design functional but also a room you want to be in. Really think about your style and how you use the kitchen before you place your order.
Some of the things to consider when choosing well designed kitchen cabinets are custom, type of wood and finish, type of doors, drawers, shelving and specialty storage. For beautiful kitchen cabinets in Sarasota Florida, contact the Eurotech Cabinetry firm at www.eurotechcabinetry.com.
Related Articles -
kitchen cabinets in sarasota florida, kitchen cabinets venice florida, kitchen cabinets tampa,