Who needs a significant other to celebrate Valentine’s Day. If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, why not treat yourself to something special. After all, regardless of future relationship statuses, you’ve got to always look after number one. Here’s 10 things you can do whilst single on Valentine’s Day that might be more fun than dinner and a present you may not even have wanted. |
1. Spend it With Friends Whether you get together for a movie night or dinner, why not surround yourself with people who love you and are also going it solo this year. Have a classy meal out or enjoy a number of takeaway services such as Hungry Horse for that junk food fix that just hits the spot. No need to feel guilty, this is your day to treat yourself and not think about the consequences. Nothing quite like a burger and chips to fill that lonely void.
2. Secret Gift Exchange Like Secret Santa but on Valentine’s Day, why don’t you and your friends bring the romance back with secret valentines. Let’s face it, your friend is far more likely to get your lingerie you actually like that isn’t playing into a partner’s deepest, probably off the mark, fantasies. Plus, you’ll get that bouquet you can boast about on Instagram with all the mystery of an epic love story.
3. Go Shopping Think of all that money you save not having to spend it on someone else. Why not put it towards something you really want. You’re an independent individual who can do whatever they want with their money. If you want to push the boat out on something pricey, now is the time to do it. Appreciate you for all your accomplishments and the money you work hard to earn. Whether it’s one big present to yourself or a guilt-free shopping spree, you’re worth it.
4. Buy & Wear Clothes You Feel Great In Lingerie shouldn’t just be for your partner and neither should dressing up in a new little black dress. Save and treat yourself to lacy red underwear on Promo Codes For on orders from Debenhams, Marks and Spencer and other fashion retailers. Never underestimate the feeling of dancing around the room in a matching bra and pants with a glass of wine in hand.
5. Spa Day & Treatments Whether you just fancy getting your nails done, have a change of hair colour, or end up having a all out spa day. Relaxing and pampering yourself is the reminder you need to look after yourself and do it for you rather than anyone else’s satisfaction. Your body is yours to do with as you please and sometimes us ladies need reminding of that.
6. Self-Love Self-care might be beauty treatments, but it’s also the smaller things in life like curling up with a book, making the good coffee or tea and going to bed at a decent hour. Sometimes its about reminding yourself you’re a pretty fantastic person and that you shouldn’t beat yourself up so much about silly things.
7. Chick Flick Marathon Go on, let us tempt you into all those trashy romantic comedies you hate to love. Now is your time to binge watch every Bridget Jones film and cry into your pillow over Ryan Gosling’s rock hard abs. For a real tear fest, we’d recommend Titanic, because what says ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ like true love being torn apart before it ever truly began?
8. Have a Pity Party If you feel sad about the fact you’re single on Valentine’s Day, that’s fine. You’re entitled to feel that way. Let this be your validation to have a day off to just wallow if that’s what you want. Wear pyjamas all day, eat straight out of the ice cream tub and have a big girl cry. As much as being a strong independent woman can be empowering, sometimes you want to share your success with someone. It’s understandable. Just pull up your socks once we hit midnight on Valentine’s Day and keep marching on.
9. Go On Holiday You know what trumps mushy declarations of love on Facebook, boasts of gorgeous, sparkly new jewellery and ‘surprise, we’re engaged!’ posts? You having the time of your life, sunning yourself in the Caribbean, whilst it’s pouring with rain back home. Or climbing to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, living it up in New York or Milan.
10. Treat it Like Any Other Day Remember that Valentine’s Day is just a commercial holiday and a way for different industries to capitalise off sickly couples. Even if you would quite happily buy into the holiday if you could, what’s actually the point in feeling low on Valentine’s Day? Think of it this way, you’ll be single the day before and after, too, so really, it is just another day in the life of a singleton.
Alice blogs and sniffs out the best deals for Promo Codes For . She likes reading and writing in her spare time, snuggled up with her fat cat.
Related Articles -