A recent survey by Human Capital Institute, a global association of talent management groups revealed that an overwhelming 90 percent of US companies outsource at least some parts of their business processes. However, there is an outsourcing principle that every company should be aware of. Outsourcing is not a magical solution for everything. There are times when outsourcing can be hugely rewarding and there are times when it can backfire badly. It all depends on how well you have researched your outsourcing needs, specified the reasons you need to outsource and how realistic your expectations from the entire outsourcing process are.
So, if you were medium-sized software firm in Kentucky, USA and were looking to outsource PHP development or PHP programming to India, it would be a good idea to first do some analysis.
- If the PHP project is such that it is specific to your geographical and demographic location, then outsourcing it to an Indian vendor who is sitting halfway across the globe and operating in a very different set of circumstances may not be such a great decision. It would be more prudent to have your in-house team handle this kind of a project.
- On the other hand, if you need to work with an entirely fresh team, new faces and new talent and the PHP project is of a regular nature, then outsourcing to India can be a very cost-effective solution. This is because when it comes to IT outsourcing, India is the world's favourite destination.
- Are you looking for low-cost labour but without compromising on talent and expertise? Then, yes, outsourcing PHP development or programming is your best bet because Indian software professionals are among the best in the world and highly in demand for their skills and dedication to meeting deadlines.
- If you are a small to medium-size start-up, then outsourcing can be very financially viable, combining as it does the benefits of low cost but highly skilled labour with readymade infrastructure, and the best hardware and software. Further, if you have chosen a good, reputed remote staffing vendor in India, then you stand to gain by getting the services of a dedicated virtual employee who will work exclusively only for you on your PHPO project.
- One of the biggest motivations to outsource needs to stem from the need to fill a vacuum that exists at present in your company. It could be in the form of skills that you need but are not available with your in-house team. In that case, definitely outsource.
- Obviously, you need to first check the potential of your own in-house team to determine whether PHP outsourcing would be actually worth your while. Know your worth before you outsource is a good maxim to follow.
- Sure, advances in technology have made it possible even for small-scale businesses to outsource to offshore outsourcing vendors and realise huge cost-savings in the process. However, the downside is that the company in question may have to spend considerably more hours in communicating with their outsourcing partner, thanks to the time zone differences.
So, outsource your PHP project to India only when you want the services of a low-cost, highly skilled virtual employee who would work exclusively for your company. Or, when you wish to expand your operations in a foreign country at an affordable cost.
Daya Mukherjee is a Senior Content Writer and Editor working for a Remote Staffing Outsourcing company in India. You can find out more information by visiting our PHP Outsourcing,Flash Application Development,Hire Web Designer Websites.
Related Articles -
php developers, php developer, php developer india, hire php developer, outsourcing php, outsource php,