Living overwhelmed with worries is guaranteed to stew you in stress or discourage you! One of the secrets of the spiritual life is understanding how you can pass worries from your heart into God's Hands. This consistently reestablishes inner peace! |
These tried and proven "steps" are part whimsical, part definitive, to demonstrate how this method of letting things go to God literally works. This process will restore freedom to your life in Christ!
1) Our Father Wishes To Do Something. This is the thing which we fail to remember and it can really catch us off base unless our eyes of faith grow stronger. Unless our Lord sees the concern and desires to mend it, it won't get corrected! The first step to bring the desired solution begins with God .
2) The Father Opens My Eyes to See His Concern. Jesus would like to make use of me as a portion of His answer to the issue wants to work on. In order to do that He first must reveal the point at issue. Maybe I read about it; possibly it is goofing up my daily life. One way or another it grabs my awareness and hikes up my worries.
3) Immediately I Get Burdened . My initial response is to think of it as my very own difficulty. This is where we are tempted to become troubled or disheartened, particularly if the difficulty appears bigger than our mastery to fix it. What in heaven's name can be done for it?
4) Jesus Reminds Me To Pray. This is the Lord's way of entering into the situation by using me. This should be uplifting: why would God draw me to pray unless there were things He would like to do? But I might carp about it thinking, "Just pray? Is there anything else to be done?".
5) I Implore God But Experience No Release . However, if I possess little real faith in prayer or belief in God's good will and ability, I will communicate the petition to God, but not really transfer it to Him. You know all about this! Sharing with someone else about your car or truck's troubles is never the same thing as entrusting it to a technician. If the only thing I do is describe it, but don't release it, the inward weight of the concern rises.
6) Jesus Advises Me To Fully Release It. Again and again He reminds me to cast the anxiety on Him. The Lord is a very understanding Guide! After a while, I catch on that Jesus isn't calling for me to put up with such a heavy heart about the trouble. Just the opposite!
7) At Last I Push It Out Of My Heart Into His Hands. Here is where the real transaction occurs. Until I take into my heart the problem my prayers will contain little actual substance. But if I try to keep it in my heart it does nobody any good, especially me! My assignment from the outset was to place the matter into God's Hands.
8) Our Father Grants Unmitigated Peace. Since I have entrusted the predicament to God, Jesus gives me the "peace that passes understanding" as a evidence that I have truly let it go. I could say, "I believe God has finally heard my prayer." Truth be told, He heard every part of my earlier prayers also. He plainly never "heard" me giving it to Him!
9) I Re-consider It And Get Burdened All Over Again. Don't laugh! You've fallen for this many times too. We take it back. The living sacrifice squirmed off the altar since God wasn't acting fast enough. Once again the peace of Christ is gone.
10) The Holy Spirit Reminds Me To Pray It Through All Over Again. Therefore I do. With all the past practice it's simpler to let it go. It is such a relief!
11) Now At Last He Can Powerfully Go To Work. Now that the situation is in His Hands, Holy Spirit can work on it, rather than use it to work on me! Without a doubt, one element of this test was to train me in the new way of relying totally upon my God. Why is that so hard?
12) Later On, The Lord Points Out How The Answer Came. Typically, I may be fretting about other concerns, but I take time to say thanks to Him for taking care of that former problem and leverage it to strengthen my heart to fully release the current difficulty.
The main indicator of an competent prayer life is an ability to trust God with all things, in all things. Unalloyed inner peace does not come to us without the relinquishment of our burdens and concerns to God, along with our faith-less efforts to rescue the situation with our own hands. We will have to devote it to Him for Him to take care of it.
Follow these twelve easy steps into a entire life of freedom in Christ! Steve Evans loves helping believers obtain inner peace and life in the Spirit. Like to learn more about overcoming stress? The principal teachings from his popular course, Matters of the Heart, are free on the net. Start now and get your free copy of his offbeat ebook, An Illustrated Guide to the Spiritual Life.
Related Articles -
inner peace, life in Christ, spiritual life, live by grace, prayer, freedom in Christ, trust God, living sacrifice, stressed, letting go,