Food plays a primary role in any treatment. Through food regime you can relieve all types of diseases. So, food is the chief medicine. Gita says healthy food keeps the disease away. An individual must eat food items that encourage the bowel action in a natural manner. Consumption of natural foods is the best method to relieve constipation. |
Constipation can be occurred due to the insufficient evacuation of bowel, hardening of stool and non-clearance of digestive food. There are several symptoms of constipation and some of them are headache, lack of appetite, lethargy, cheerlessness, dripping of saliva and foul smell from the mouth.
The constipation can be caused by lack of rest, tension, lack of physical exertion, intestinal weakness, spoilt food habits, habit of holding back the pressure and lack of adequate water in the body.
Natural foods to relieve constipation:
1. Apple: Apple is an effective natural food to cure constipation. If you eat apple after meal it causes constipation and if you taken on empty stomach it relieves constipation. The skin of the apples works as a laxative. People who are having the problem of constipation are suggested to eat apples with the skin on. If you are suffering from diarrhea take it after removing the skin from the apple.
2. Mustard oil: Massaging the stomach with mustard oil in the morning and before going to sleep at night helps to relieve constipation.
3. Wheat: The juice of wheat grass is the best natural food item that eases constipation.
4. Onion: Consumption of one raw onion with meals relieves constipation.
5. Clarified butter: Taking of clarified butter with black pepper for three days helps you to alleviate the intestines and allows the stool to bulge. By consuming of clarified butter with hot milk also reduce the stool and help in reduction of the bowels.
6. Milk: take 2 teaspoons of gulkand made by roses or shell of isabgol with hot milk at night to cure constipation.
7. Masoor daal: Eating of masoor daal is the best natural food to cure constipation.
8. Spinach: Drinking the juice of spinach in the morning alleviates constipation within a few times. Bathua and spinach taken with meals also facilitate in clearing bowels and relieve constipation
9. Bitter gourd: Consuming of bitter gourd with very little oil and spices taken for a full week help to relieves dyspepsia, flatulence, problem of the stomach, constipation, etc.
10. Fenugreek leaves: Taking of fenugreek leaves as a vegetable helps to reduce constipation. You are suggested to take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder with hot water in the morning and evening. This will keep your belly in order and sharpen the appetite so that you will never suffer from constipation
11. Fig: Eating figs boiled in milk before going to bed help those people who are suffer from chronic constipation
12. Cauliflower: Taking half a glass of cauliflower juice is the best natural food item that helps you to relieve constipation
13. Melon: Melon is another natural food item to cure constipation. Eating of ripe melon alleviates constipation.
Along with these natural food items a person should also drink sufficient water to relieve constipation. To avoid constipation one is also suggested to go for walk and do yoga and exercise regularly. Exercise is the best method to relieve constipation and help in proper digestion of food.
Read about Home Remedies for Constipation. Also know Home Remedies for Dysentery. Read about Home Remedies for Diarrhea.
Related Articles -
natural foods to relieve constipation, foods to relieve constipation, food to relieve constipation, foods to treat const,