Every year, the famous Three Valleys’ La Tania ski resort makes a number of changes and improvements. |
These are usually too numerous to outline individually, but here are some of the key ones.
• Season ending a week early. Actually, it opened a week earlier too! More to the point, the early closure just reflects current reality. Typically the last week sees the resort largely empty due partly to snow conditions and partly to holiday periods plus ‘custom and practice’. In 2016 they’re just recognising that officially.
• Six new pistes have appeared. That’s fantastic news of course, but space here doesn’t permit a full discussion and description. You can find full details on the official La Tania ski resort website.
• Add five new lifts! True, that includes a novice’s drag plus some extensions to those already in place, but even so, it’s boosting the infrastructure.
• Improvements to the green run. Some people commented that the La Tania ski resort’s Green Run was, in fact, a little bit too challenging for newbies. As a result, the resort has straightened out some of the bends a little, which will be good news to learners.
• Aquamotion opened. Near Courchevel village, this big water sport and spa centre has been fully re-opened. The basic entry prices start at 22€+, so it’s a little bit of an ‘ouch’, financially speaking, but the facilities are excellent.
• New Three Valleys ‘Superpass’. This gives you access to lots of slopes and lifts just about everywhere in the resort. For €340, €390 or €440, you’ll get access to 5 glaciers, 1300km of pistes and 391 lifts for 6, 7 or 8 days respectively.
• New train deals. Eurostar are offering an £89 round trip between London and Lyon, though on the way back you’ll need to get off in Lille now to re-check in for security reasons. In passing, the budget airlines have also increased their number of flights to the three nearby local airports, which should mean more choice and possibly increased fare competition.
• Re-seeding and tree work. For the 2016 ski season, a lot of cosmetic work has been done, which has made a very noticeable improvement to the resort.
• The La Tania to Méribel village road opened. After the road had been closed for a lengthy period of time due to roadwork, it now reopened – allowing even easier access from La Tania to Méribel and back.
That’s just a brief summary of the work and changes underway, but it does give a sense of the dynamism and on-going commitment to excellence at the La Tania ski resort.
Belinda Smythson works for Ski Amis, a specialist ski travel agency and booking service that has been helping avid skiers craft their perfect winter holiday for over a quarter of a century. If you're planning a getaway to La Tania ski resort, Paradiski, Espace Killy or Chamonix Valley, Ski Amis is the go-to company for winter sports fans searching for the holiday of a lifetime.
Related Articles -
La, Tania, Ski, Resort,