The problem of getting large numbers of visitors to your site can often be solved by writing a few articles. If you can use the correct techniques, articles can deliver a huge amount of traffic. It doesn’t take long to have the words you write appearing in the top spot of the search engines when popular search terms are used. A single well-written article can quickly make that happen. |
There are a few simple steps you need to follow if you want the major search engines to notice your work. The one thing that sites like Google, Yahoo, and Bing love more than anything else is fresh new content. For example, let’s say that you write an article about how to get your site noticed by the search engines. This is a popular subject that is sure to be in demand by a large number of searchers, which means there are sure to be tens of millions of search results delivered. Your goal should be to make sure that your content lands in the first page of search results, as that is where the vast majority of people click through from.
The one thing that you need to keep in mind when you write is that the role of the search engine is to find the website that is the most closely matched to the search term used.
There are plenty of reasons beyond being recognized by the search engines that makes article writing so appealing. The content of the article is entirely up to you. Before you start, make sure to come up with a good title. For example, if you have a hobby that involves making your own soap, try to think of articles that are relevant to what you do. The more topics and articles you can come up with, the more streams of traffic you can create towards your site. You might consider doing an article about the history of soap making, whilst also doing several different pieces that outline how to make specific types of soap. Once you have created each of those articles, your next step will be to follow the tips that will be discussed in the remainder of this piece. If you can do that, you will have a great chance of seeing your articles rank highly for each relevant search term.
You need to consider relevant keywords that should be used in the title of your article. Those words, as well as a few others, should also be sprinkled throughout the article. The keywords used should be placed in the article in a way that appears natural and doesn’t make the reader or the search engine feel as though you are trying to force them in there.
If nothing else, always make sure that you remember what the role of the search engine is, which, as previously mentioned, is finding the most relevant pages for a given search term. Put together a relevant article, and you can be sure that it will land on the first page of the search engines. Listed below are a few tips you can use to promote your site with articles. It doesn’t matter what type of site or business you run, but it is important that you create articles that are relevant to that site. People interested in what you have to offer are lining up to read articles about that subject. Using the aforementioned subject of getting your site noticed by search engines, let’s look at some writing tips that can take you to the top of Google and the rest:
1) You main keyword needs to appear in the title of the article. For example, consider using “Tips on How to Get Your Site Discovered by the Search Engines.”
2) Use that same keyword throughout the body of the article you write. For example, you might use search engines and tips as your main keywords, but make sure that when you do, they are used as organically as possible so as not to appear stuffed in there. The article should be built around those keywords, but should be more than just filler. It is incredibly important that the article you deliver has real value to the reader, as this will make it attractive to both them and the search engines you are trying to dominate.
3) Take advantage of the many free article directories available online. Do a little research to find which of those directories are appealing to the search engines before submitting your article.
4) The best article directories include a resource box where you can include information that will direct readers to your site. The box allows you to create an author bio of sports where you can list a little about yourself, as well as details about your website and what it has to offer. The goal here is to give the reader a reason to want to click through to your website, which usually means letting them know that you are an authority in the subject you have just written about in the article you posted.
5) Get in the habit of writing articles regularly. Fresh content is always a hit with the search engines, plus you’ll find that your writing skills improve with each article written.
6) The basics of an article should be the “Who, What, Where, When, and Why,” as well as a nice introduction and conclusion framing the body of the article.
* A quick word of warning here: do not write an article that reads like a piece of sales copy for your site. Readers don’t want that and many article directories will actually reject such pieces.
Another benefit of writing articles is that there are plenty of website owners in search of content. Many will pluck articles from the directories and place them on their site. This is actually a good thing, as they are required to place the resource box information on there too. What that means is that your article goes into syndication of sorts, with the possibility of more and more people seeing it as the article spreads across multiple sites.
This has the added benefit of boosting your article back up to the top of the search engines. Articles will naturally fall from the top spot over time, but as people start adding it to their sites, it will get another boost that can send it from search engine obscurity to top spot rather quickly. A single article can be brought back to life over and over again, which should be more than enough motivation to get you writing many more.
If you aren’t doing it already, get started in articles that can help deliver traffic to your website.
Learn more by reading my Free Report all about Traffic Generation. One of the most powerful tactics of traffic generation is Article Writing.
Related Articles -
writing articles, article writing, content writing, arti,